Welcome to Rio Tierra JHS Library Website
This page was created to share information with our students, parents, staff and other schools who may navigate here.
All links were collected and evaluated by the library for content and appropriateness.
The mission of the Rio Tierra Jr. High School Library Media Center is to teach students to be effective users of information and to encourage and prepare students to be life-long learners. This mission is accomplished by:
- Providing instruction in information literacy
- Providing intellectual and physical access to informational materials in a variety of formats and media
- Stimulating interest in reading and in finding and using information and ideas promoting the use of the media center by students and faculty
- Working with teachers to develop educational strategies to meet the information needs of students and to augment teaching
- Supporting the school's curriculum and reading initiatives
Role of the School Library Media Center
The role of the school library and information programs and services is to:
- Facilitate the planning and implementation of learning programs that will equip students with the skills necessary to succeed in a constantly changing social and economic environment. Through resource-based programs, students acquire skills to collect, critically analyses and organize information, problem-solve and communicate their understandings.
- Provide and promotes quality fiction to develop and sustain in students the habit and enjoyment of reading for pleasure and to enrich students' intellectual, aesthetic, cultural and emotional growth.
- Cater for differences in learning and teaching styles through the provision of and equality of access to, a wide range of materials, fiction and non-fiction, print.
- Provide teachers with access to relevant curriculum information and opportunities to cooperatively plan implement and evaluate learning programs which integrate information resources and technologies.
Use this site to help you with your information needs.